Friday, June 7, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches #89

It's been awhile since I've done a
Freshly Made Sketch, I thought it was about time!
I loved this weeks sketch! I'm a huge fan of banners
and I just got a love set of banner dies from Verve
that I was uber anxious to use!

Oh and funny story... So I got my new stamps from Verve
and I pulled out my 3inch binder to put them in
and my husband was watching me and we had this convo:

Me: 'I have already used my entire blow money budget this month'
Hubby: 'You are so going to regret that' and he laughs
Me staring at my binder: 'I think I'm running out of room'
hubby: 'You know what that means right?'
Me: 'What?'
hubby: 'It means you need to get rid of some'
Me: 'No, I think it means I need a much bigger binder'
I followed this by a big grin and he just laughed at me...

I'm glad my hubby has a good sense of humor
when it comes to me my stamps and paper. And I do infact
spend most, if not all of my blow money budget every month
on card making supplies... Usually I can make it last
longer than the first few days of the month tho...
I told hubby since I got a raise at work we
needed to re-evaluate my blow money budget lol. He just
doesn't quite understand since he rarely uses his blow money lol, my
hubby isn't a spender. I really am not either, I stick to the budget we make
every month just some months some supplies I need are a little
pricier than others so it's hard to make it last. Crafting supplies is
my shopping. I go clothes shopping on a very rare basis and
usually it's during spring and fall when I can catch good
sales... and I go with my mother so I can get Military
discount since I don't have my military id anymore...
We went to the outlet mall on Memorial day and I spent
$150 and got me and hubby a bunch of stuff
from AE, Aero and Bass. I love 50% off sales!!

Anyways... I am on a role rambling today, enough of that, here's my card

My creation:


Supplies used:
Authentique paper
Verve stamps, Versamark ink, bark ep
A Cut Above by Verve banner bundle dies
Orange Artiste cotton floss, brown button

Original sketch:





3 comments:

  1. This is such a beautifully contemporary birthday card, Hillary! I love the papers and colors that you used for such a cheerful effect. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card, love the mix of patterns. I love to shop for crafty supplies, clothes not so much! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, there are those banners again - you're a Pro at those!!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete